Access & transport
- How to access the SHG by car?
Arriving at the airport, follow the directions for Palexpo heading towards Lausanne. You will find the entrance to our car park on the right just after passing under the Palexpo Tunnel. Our parking is at a charge.
- Can we reserve our parking space? What does it cost?
We cannot guarantee you a place in our parking facility. The parking fee is CHF 20.- for residents, CHF 40.- for non-residents per 24h.
- Can a car rental be deposited at the hotel?
No, the car rental companies are at the airport 5 minutes by car.
- What is the frequency of shuttles to the airport?
Every 30 minutes from 5:10am to 11:35pm to and from the airport (every day).
- Where does the shuttle stop at the airport?
Outside the airport at the arrival level.
- How long does it take to get to downtown Geneva? How to get there?
The hotel is a 10-minutes’ drive from the lake. It takes 15-20 minutes by bus number 5.
- Where is the closest bus stop to the hotel?
Bus N ° 5, stop Grand-Saconnex Place. 5 minutes’ walk from Starling Hotel Geneva.
- What types of restaurants do you offer?
Starling Hotel Geneva has 3 restaurants and 1 bar. Starling Café and Cbar & Lounge offer international food. L’olivo serves fine Italian food. The chef works with seasonal products from local agriculture (GRTA).
- Is it necessary to make a reservation in our restaurants?
It is with pleasure that we welcome you to our restaurants even without reservation. However, we do recommend you to make one to ensure that we still have seats available or that the restaurant is not privatized. Phone +41 22 747 02 02
- Until what time do you offer a catering menu?
You can consume in our points of sales from 5:30am to midnight. For our guests staying at the hotel a simplified card for room service is offered from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Where is the breakfast served? What are the opening hours?
Breakfast is served at the Starling Café which is located opposite the reception from 5.30 am to 10.30 am on weekdays and until 11 am on weekends (except for special occasions). The restaurant is open from 5.30 am to 4.30 pm with continuous service.
- What are the opening hours of L'olivo?
From 12:00 to 2:00 pm and from 7pm to 10 pm. The restaurant is closed on Saturdays and Sundays (except for special occasions).
- Do you have a dish of the day in L'olivo?
A Business Lunch menu is prepared daily by the Chef, 2 courses (starter or dessert dish) at CHF 43.- or 3 courses at CHF 55.-.
Internet & multimedia
- Is there a free Wi-Fi? How does the Wi-Fi work?
Our guests have access to free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Just connect to the “Starling wireless” network.
- How to connect a computer to the TV screen in the Business Suite?
Start the computer and connect the VGA or HDMI cable afterwards. In case of non-display press Fn + F4 or F8 simultaneously (explanatory sheet available).
- Do you provide adapters?
Yes, we can provide universal adapters; ask for them at the Reception or the Concierge.
Reception & concierge
- What time can we check-in and check-out?
Check-in from 2 pm and check-out before 12:00. Guests may request late check-out at the front desk for a surcharge.
- Is the reception open 24 hours a day?
Yes, day and night our staff is at your service.
- Can I pay in cash?
Yes, the Starling Hotel Geneva accepts the following currencies: CHF / CAD / DKK / EUR / GBP / USD / JPN / NOK / SEK
- Are there organized tours?
Keytours: to be reserved at the Conciergerie.
- Can luggage be left in the charge?
Yes, free of charge at the Conciergerie.
Rooms at Starling
- Which rooms have a balcony?
Our Junior Suites and Starling Suites have a balcony.
- Can we drink tap water in the room?
Yes, the water Geneva is potable.
- Is there an iron and ironing board and / or hair dryer in the rooms?
Yes in all rooms
Sport at Starling
- Opening hours of the Starling fitness & wellness?
Starling fitness is open from 6am to 10pm during the week and from 7 am to 9pm on the weekend. Starling wellness is open from 7 am to 9pm during the week and weekends.
- Where to go running outside?
2 courses of 9 and 12km, maps are available at the Conciergerie.
- Miles and more?
We offer our loyal customers “Individual Program” by Starling
- Is the Starling a non-smoking hotel? Starling Hotel Geneva
All our rooms are non-smoking. You can smoke on our outdoor terrace or at the Airkel smokehouse at the Cbar & lounge inside.